About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Now 27 years old and living in Bucks County, I am a mommy to the most beautiful baby girl, Sienna Jordan. Enjoy my journey of motherhood! Xoxo

Monday, July 25, 2011

You are Not just naming a BABY!


I was so weird when I was a child my best friend and I used to make fake families. We would cut out people from magazines and name them. Since I’ve spent countless hours naming cardboard babies and children, you would think it would be easy! Ha. See the name has to endure so much from an infant to a teen to an adult from mean kids at school to actually appearing on a business card one day! Here’s a look at the names on our original Girl list. Mila, Gabriella, Mia, Isabella, Natalia, Kamrynn


No offense to those that have named their child Ava or Aiden, but they are played out!
Sharing names with family and friends is tough too because they always have something to say. Since I was a teacher, most names I couldn’t get past because I had a kid in school with that name who drove me crazy! Then when naming a boy, I don’t think you can go to trendy or soft. When naming a girl, you have to be careful it doesn’t sound like a stripper's name! Up until about 7mo. preggers it was looking like Natalia Jade.
Sienna came when my sister and her girlfriend were paging through the name book and said how about Sienna?! I liked it because I thought of Siena, Italy and Sienna Miller the actress I think is adorable! Ralph is 100% Italian and we had wanted an Italian name. Jordan, I love because I like having a boy’s name for a girl’s middle name and since I played basketball and idolized Michael Jordan, Jordan was the perfect compliment to Sienna. I’m not gonna lie, its annoying when people say,“oh I know a Sienna.” It’s like you want your kid to be the only one with that name!

No comments:

Post a Comment