About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Now 27 years old and living in Bucks County, I am a mommy to the most beautiful baby girl, Sienna Jordan. Enjoy my journey of motherhood! Xoxo

Monday, July 25, 2011

A surprise baby shower is just cruel

Luckily, I had some say in my baby shower. I knew about my shower it was to be at my parent’s house by the pool. "Beach baby" was the theme….I couldn’t stop smiling I really enjoyed talking and laughing with the girls. My mom really should be a party planner. The detail that went into everything was unreal. We didn’t have any of the nonsense with the pregnant games. No need to measure my belly…it was clearly as big as a basketball!


I was adament about not registering for all things pink! I wanted things neutral!! I registered for a lot of chocolate brown/teal for the stroller, high chair, boppy, pack-n-play, etc. You have no idea how picky I am about clothes. I’ve always looked forward to being able to dress up my baby girl in the clothes and styles that I like, which is why I tried to hint at please no baby clothes as gifts! One mistake I made was shopping prematurely for baby clothes and then cutting off tags and washing the clothes. I bought 0-3 mo. bathing suits….why didn’t someone tell me my newborn wouldn’t be sunbathing or soaking in the pool?! And Sienna had such chicken legs that some of the little dresses just looked silly. Sleepers and onesies wayyyyy more practical and sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment